Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chris' Golden Globe Picks

Jay and I noticed that the Golden Globes were today, so we figured we'd make our picks considering we're highly qualified to give our opinions.  Personally, I've been to the movies once since about a year ago, so this will be pretty interesting.



Best Motion Picture - Drama
Moneyball:  Simply because I know the story, and it's a sports movie.  Also, I hadn't really heard of any of the other movies, so this one was easy.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Rooney Mara:  How can you say no to this face?


Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Leonardo DiCaprio:  Leonardo DiCaprio is such a thug.  Doesn't matter the movie, he plays essentially the same character in every one.  George Clooney comes in a close second, but Leo wins every time.

Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
50/50:  Why, you ask?  Let's look at the alternatives: The Artist, Bridesmaids, Midnight in Paris, and My Week with Marilyn.  Now do you see why I picked 50/50?  Oh yeah, it also has Seth Rogen, who's hysterical.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Charlize Theron:  Nothing needs to be said.


Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Owen Wilson:  He's cool, right?  He's got good hair.

Best Animated Feature Film
Rango:  Tintin's a stupid name. Arthur Christmas looked dumb. Cars 2 is obviously a sequel, and sequels suck.  Puss in Boots is about a cat.  Easy choice, Rango.

Best Foreign Language Film
In The Land of Blood and Honey:  This is from the United States.  How exactly is it a foreign language film if it's from the U.S.?  Unless English isn't the official language of the Golden Globes.  In which case, what is?  Something needs to be, otherwise how do we know what's considered a foreign language and what isn't?  For getting me thinking, In The Land of Blood and Honey gets my vote.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Shailene Woodley:



Best Performance by an Actor In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Jonah Hill:  I love Jonah Hill.  He was great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, certainly a Top 3 movie of all time.  Most likely he was good in Moneyball too.  "I just went from 6 to midnight."


Best Director - Motion Picture
George Clooney:  I don't know any of the other ones, so I'm going with George Clooney.

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Woody Allen:  Simply because it's the shortest name and I don't feel like typing four names.

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Abel Korzeniowski:  When I have to look up how to pronounce your name, you're doing something right.

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
The Keeper, by Chris Cornell:  I like Chris Cornell, although he tends to get rather boring.  This song's decent, I don't hate it.

Best Television Series - Drama
Game of Thrones:  Jay loves this series, and after giving me a horrible description of it, I have to go with that.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Drama
Claire Danes:  None of them were particularly cute.

Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Drama
Kelsey Grammar: Usually a guy with a girl's name is an automatic disqualification.  However, when I've never heard of any of the other people, it makes a winner.

Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical
New Girl: I happened to flip to it a couple times, and Zooey Deschanel is fantastic in so many ways.  However, I can't believe The Big Bang Theory isn't nominated.  That would've gotten my vote.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Comedy or Musical
Zooey Deschanel:  Definitely one of the cutest girls I've ever seen.


Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series - Comedy or Musical
Johnny Galecki: Unfortunately, Jim Parsons isn't the nomination from The Big Bang Theory.  Either way, I want to show this clip:




Best Mini-Series Or Motion Picture Made For Television
Downtown Abbey (Masterpiece):  Apparently it's a masterpiece.  Can't argue with that.

Best Performance by an Actress In A Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Kate Winslet:


Best Performance by an Actor In A Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Idris Elba:  I don't know, his name is cool.  Does anyone actually watch any of these shows?

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Evan Rachel Wood:


Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Guy Pearce:  I've always thought Guy was a cool name.  Much cooler than the name of these categories.  My God, you'd think they'd make them roll off the tongue a little easier.

So, there you go.  Those are my picks to win the Golden Globes.  I'd be absolutely stunned if any of these were wrong.  They're basically guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment